- To be full of beans = hăng hái, sôi nổi.
Ví dụ: Tom is full of beans today, he must have heard the good news.
- To go bananas = chọc giận hoặc tức giận về cái gì đó.
Ví dụ: Alex went bananas when he heard that I had crashed his car.
- To have a pea brain = óc bã đậu, ý chê người khác ngu ngốc.
Ví dụ: John has a pea brain, I have explained the problem to him many times but he doesn’t get it.
- To be like two peas in a pod = nghĩa là hai người trông giống nhau như đúc, hay có cũng một ý kiến về nhiều vấn đề.
Ví dụ: They were two peas in a pod – they like and did all the same things together.
- To be a bad apple = người gây ảnh hưởng xấu.
Ví dụ: I think Martha is a bad apple. Have you seen how she behaves behind her parents back?.
- To be a banana republic = các quốc gia nhỏ bé.
Ví dụ: This country has become a banana republic. I’m leaving as soon as I get the chance.
- Life is a bowl of cherries = mọi chuyện đều suôn sẻ, thuận lợi.
Ví dụ: Life here in the Bahamas is a bowl of cherries, why would I want to go back to the city?.