Do the quick test to review what you learnt from last lesson.
0 of 7 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 7 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
Listening for examples
Listen and complete the paragraph with the phrases you hear.
Now, let’s talk about the stories behind some types of foods. You may know the names of some of these foods PringlesTM potato chips or the Australian snack food, VegemiteTM. But did you ever think about how they got their names? Let’s with Pringles. The company’s owners wanted a name from their hometown. they opened the telephone book and found a street named Pringle Drive, and Pringles became the name. Other companies ask for help with choosing names. in 1922, Australian cheesemaker Fred Walker had a contest to name his new food. He offered a prize of one hundred dollars. People from all over Australia sent in their ideas. And who was the winner? It was Fred Walker’s daughter who chose the name Vegemite.
Vocabulary 2 Review
Choose the correct word to complete each sentence.
1. Can you tell me how to _____ your last name?CorrectIncorrect
2. Ken is _____ to me in many ways. We both like the same things.CorrectIncorrect
3. We aren’t doing anything special today. It’s just an _____ day.CorrectIncorrect
4. Did you _____ the morning class or the afternoon class?CorrectIncorrect
5. Would you like to be a(n) _____ actor someday.CorrectIncorrect
6. That’s a very _____ shirt. Where did you get it?CorrectIncorrect